Meeting with the guide and than we will leave form Timisoara towards Hunedoara. On the road, we will pass through Lugoj, one of the most important cities in Banat Region. Here we will take brake at Ana Lugojana, an inn famous for its flamed crêpes.
We arrive in Deva just in time for lunch. After lunch we will visit the city of Deva, which has a wonderful fortress on the top of a volcanic hill, dating back to 1242. We will use a funicular to reach the fortress.
After Deva, we will pass through Simeria, a small town in Hunedoara County. There The Arboretum is located, which was originally a park arround Ocksay Castle, but is now a protected area of national interest.
We will arrive in Hunedoara in the evening. Dinner and accommodation in Hunedoara.
After breakfast we are heading to the wonderful spa resort of Geoagiu – Yes, famous for its thermal baths since Roman times. Here we can take a relaxing bath. In the same area, the Roman Castrum of Germisara and the Roman Road leading to it can be found. Lunchtime.
In the afternoon we will visit Sarmizegetusa Regia. This ancient city was the capital and the most important military, religious and political center of the Dacians, the people who lived here, before the Romans came.
The tour continues with a bus ride to Hunedoara city. Dinner in our hotel in Hunedoara.
After breakfast, it follows a visit to one of the most beautiful castles in Romania, Corvin Castle, built in 1446 at the orders of John Hunyadi.
The day continues with a visit to The Bison Reserve, located near the small town of Haţeg. This is one of the few places in the world where bisons still exist. Lunchtime.
After lunch we should go to Santamaria-Orlea, where The Reformist Calvinist Church is located, which is one of the oldest churches in Romania. Also, the Kendeffy Castle is located there, which was built in 1782 by a noble family.
Our next stop will be at the Geopark of Dinosaurs, a place that still has remnants of small dinosaurs. In the evening, we will go back to our hotel in Hunedoara and serve dinner.
After breakfast, we embark on the bus and head to the watermills from Rau de Mori. After the watermills, we shall visit Colţ Monastery, one of the first certified monasteries in Romania.
The last major attraction of the tour is Sarmizegetusa Ulpia Traiana - the political, administrative and religious center of Roman Dacia in the 2nd and 3rd centuries. The city was settled by the veterans of the Roman-Dacian wars.
After the ruins of Sarmizegetusa follow a road back to Timisoara through Buzias.
- Tourist guide
- Transport by bus
- Accommodation for 3 nights
- Meals: Half Board
- Meals: lunches
- Optional trips
- Entrance to the museum
- Transport to and from Timisoara
- The medieval Deva Fortress, whose first evidence dates back to the second half of the 13th century, referred to as "the royal castle of Deva".
- The Arboretum from Simeria - an extensive set aside for growing and effective display of all the different types of worthy ornamental trees, shrubs, vines and other plants that can grow in a given area, their maintenance, proper labeling, and study of existing ones in a region on new introduced plants.
- Geoagiu town, with its roman ruins and thermal waters.
- The Dacian ruins of Sarmizegetusa Regia, which was the capital and the most important military, religious and political center of the Dacians.
- The Roman ruins of Sarmizegetusa Ulpia Traiana, the political, administrative and religious center of Roman Dacia in the 2nd and 3rd centuries.
- Corvinesti Castle, also known as Corvins' Castle, Hunyad Castle or Hunedoara Castle, a Gothic-Renaissance castle in Hunedoara which was built by King Charles I of Hungary.
- European Bison reservation in Hateg.
To be included in your luggage: good shoes, water resistant clothes, bathing costume